[nameserver-tech] Re: Name server training in Rio

From: bmanning@karoshi.com
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 14:29:28 EST

> Hi Bill,
>
> Time is flying. We should come up with agenda soon. Do you have the names
> of Spanish speakers and agenda? Shall we conduct training in Spanish with
> translators? Or we conduct one day in Spanish and second day in English
> with translator? Can we do more of hands-on training?
>
> Waiting for your reply,
> Abhisak

I sent email to Fredrico (with LATNIC) and this was his response:

From Frederico A C Neves
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:54:59 -0200
To: bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com
Subject: Re: Name Server training (fwd)

Bill,

Regarding the translation I'll request it and return with more info
ASAP.

Frederico

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 04:47:54AM -0800, bmanning@vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> Frederico,
> Then I have a request. A group of folks (from the ccTLD
> adcom) have been coordinating DNS training for TLD operators
> in conjunction with their meetings prior to ICANN meetings.
> The next such training is being scheduled for the 20-22 of march
> in Rio. There is a need to have the training translated into
> spanish. Could you (and/or LATNIC) assist?
>
> --bill manning
> +1.310.322.8102
>
> > I am trying to set the program for this training. Should it be a two-day
> > (21 -22) or three-day (20 - 22) format? I'd like to here your opinion and
> > how we do it in Spanish...

        I then spoke to Hartmut Glaser and Ing. German Valdez Aviles
        (LATNIC) during the RIPE mtg last week. Both were interested
        in assisting although I do not know if they have cleared the
        proper parties for doing translation.

        I'm expecting to do english with spanish translation on both
        days. There may not be sufficent time to plan for more hands-on.
        The basic agenda will be as Shanghai. We could do more w/ hands-on
        but that will require knowing who is coming.

--bill